A high potency active B12 supplement containing 500µg of methylcobalamin and 500µg adenosylcobalamin, which are both active forms of this important vitamin.
- Sublingual means beneath the tongue and these tablets will dissolve in the mouth allowing oral absorption
- Methylcobalamin is the active form used in the methylation cycle. Methylation reactions occur in every cell in the body – there are more than a billion per second
- Adenosylcobalamin is the active form that is used in the mitochondria (which are the energy powerhouses of cells)
- Vegan and vegetarian diets can be low in B12
- Other people at risk of low B12 include those with digestive conditions that lead to malabsorption; low stomach acid (e.g. due to long-term antacid medication, proton pump inhibitors, H2 blockers, ageing or zinc deficiency); surgery where nitrous oxide has been used as an anaesthetic; and other prescription medications which impair B12 absorption (e.g. metformin, colchicine, neomycin and others)
Vitamin B12 contributes to normal:
- energy-yielding metabolism
- functioning of the nervous system
- homocysteine metabolism
- psychological function
- red blood cell formation
- immune system function
Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Vitamin B12 has a role in the process of cell division
+NRV = Nutritional Reference Value
* Indicates no NRV
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin), dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
Place one tablet daily under the tongue until it is dissolved completely. Take as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
If you have recently had coronary stent surgery do not take it except under medical advice
Dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid.
Non GM & Free From:
GMO, gluten, wheat, soy, dairy, added sugar, flavourings & colourings.
Store in a cool, dry place.